Sunday, January 20, 2008

On Friendship


With bestfriend Kryz in Boracay Island 2002

As the title of this entry, WHAT DOES FRIENDSHIP MEANS? I was asked this question not so long ago. And I was quite surprised that I couldn't really come up with an answer. Up until now, I am still trying to figure out how to start my sentence in describing the true meaning of friendship. I even googled it, and got crappy, sloppy and hallmark kinda answers from the internet. I meant to write about it on this blog but I just did not have the facts and yeah, I'll admit, the guts to write about it.

Don't think I did not have very good friends. I did and I still do, and I actually got loads of em. I am not boasting or anything. 95% of the almost 500 people on my friendster list are at one time or another been a part (if not really close to them) of my growing, studying or working life. But what is it really that makes my friendship to these people last this long, considering I don't get to see them very often. Or maybe, because I don't get to see them very often? Huh, thats a question.

I am still bothered though that all these years, I have been called many names, some nasty and some good, but I have never been called a "bad friend", except by this one lil bird. Ok, the lil bird didn't really say I have been a bad friend, but its the gist I got from the conversation.


With my bestfriend Kasia.


But here it is from a friendship day web page: Friendship is a unique blend of affection, loyalty, love, respect, trust and loads of fun.
Yeah, so I got all these with all of my bestfriends. So I guess it counts.

A true friend is someone who sticks by you when you are down and celebrates with you when you are up. It's someone you trust. It is someone who understands you, knows the real you and appreciates the person you are.
Ok, clearer now... Still not everyone can know you. I don't even know me, sometimes...

One thing I think is important or lets say I value the most is loyalty. I know I am loyal. But after the incident with this lil bird, I've come to realize that there should be different approaches to different people, without actually having to compromise your true self. Worked for me... I dunno about that lil bird though......

No comments:

Post a Comment