Monday, January 28, 2013

Crispy chicken squares


For mom's like me, who gives importance to serving home cooked meals, we have an ongoing battle with burger joints. Though I have proven my home made burgers to my 9 yr. old, the chicken nugget is still something I have not even tried my hands on.
So after long months of promising to make it, I finally did! I hope you enjoy this too.

I mixed:

400 gms ground chicken
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 egg
2 tbsp. fresh milk
1 tbsp. cornstarch

Using 2 spoons, I scooped about 2 cm. thick patties and rolled it in about 100 gms. of Panko (chunky bread crumbs) then fried it hot oil until golden brown.
Makes at least 20 pcs.

That easy! Throw in some vegetable sticks and salad dressing in small dipping bowls. 

Tips: 
* If you want this to be adult-friendly, then add 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper to the mixture. 
* Fry it halfway, let it cool, and freeze them until ready to eat. You can then just put the thawed pieces in the oven until golden brown. 180 degs. C.
* Panko can be found in Asian shops. Used for Japanese cooking.      

No comments:

Post a Comment